Wednesday, April 06, 2005

random evocative lyrics a la MySpace

All I wanted was to sell like 500
And be a ghetto superstar since my first album, Blunted
I used to work as a Foot Locker, they fired me and fronted
Or I quitted, now I spit it - however, do you want it?
Now you get it!
Writing rhymes on my range with the frames slightly tinted
Then send it to your block and have my full name cemented
And if your rhymes sound like mine, I'm taking a percentage
Unprecedented and still respected when it vintage
I'm serious, I'm taking areas in Aquarius
Running red lights with my 10,000 chariots
Just as Christ was a superstar, you stupid star
They'll hail you then they'll nail you, no matter who you are
They'll make you now then take you down
And make you face it, if you slip the bag open
put your pinky in it and taste it. [Lauryn Hill, "ghetto superstar"]

No comments: