Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Title of talk: How PowerPoint kept me from giving this talk.


Academic tasks>difficult or obnoxious>giving a talk>prefacing a talk>Caganarajah.

The overarching theme of this talk was inspired by an event that I normally regard as an interruption.

Thursday night found me up preparing for this presentation by pasting the main points of this talk onto PowerPoint slides. I had to huddle next to the space heater because our furnace has pulmonary edema or something. Erykah Badu's WorldWide underground was playing on the stereo (which fit nicely with the theme of Geopolitics). The coffee maker hypnotically percolatd.

Then I clicked to upload an image into my slide: Suddenly, all the lights in the house went out. 5660 Cabot was off the grid. I never knew that visual explanations drew so much amperage.

No comments: