Thursday, September 29, 2005

special topics

Important ground to cover in e-conversation with Dr. Johnson-Eilola:

1. Hypertext-supported collaboration in the (ie my) Freshman English classroom: capabilities and limits of.

2. (re) building Ootlet's mechanical database: working with technologically "downshifted" models of hypertext in English 1020.

3. Markup languages and teacher comments: hypertextual systems for responding to student writing. Poss. theoretical "link" to comment spam?

4. Dialect diversity in online writing environments.

5. Technology and writing: metaphors and images for the pace of innovation (cite: the International Multiliteracies Project).

6. Accessing your inner database: making technical communication relevant for comp/rhet people.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the new layout.
I think there's a setting in Blogger that makes people type in a word when they comment, assuring that they are human. Y'know, in case you're sick of the spam.

ps why'd you delete that post?

Hilary said...

Which post did I delete?

Probably: because it made someone mad. :>

Hilary said...

Oh, the one about not having an inner life? I just decided that probalby no one cares about my inner life, or lack of one.

Hilary said...

Hey, where's *your* blog?

Anonymous said...

*My* blog is right next to yours, in a separate tab in my browser. Seriously, though, you can find my quasi-academic, serious mostly monpersonal blog at myfirstandlastname dot net slash blog.

My other, more personal, scattered, perhaps somewhat embarrasing blog is at blogspot, but I will make you find it on your own.

Y'know what? I don't remember how I discovered *your* blog. Strange, huh?

Anonymous said...

that shoulda said nonpersonal, not monpersonal, although I kinda like the typo.

Hilary said...

Whoa, your second blog is an impossible object (to find)

For added findability, you might try linking it to your myspace or del.icio.us--but no-ooo! That would be too easy.

Anonymous said...

:)
well, other people have found it, mostly by accident, though, i guess, through links from my blogroll to people who link to that other one.

kudos on the myspace thing, though.

I can't give *everything* away, can I?

Anonymous said...

hint: I sub to my own blog in bloglines under "Unfiled or Misc"