Friday, July 29, 2005

what I want to do when I grow up is

I want to make a documentary a la Alex Haley where I travel cross-country looking for my people (ie grown up autistic people who have steady jobs).

But most of the documentary would NOT consist of me searching out and interviewing high functioning autistic people, at least, not on the theme of "what it is like to be autistic" .

Rather, what I would do when I met each person is: let them borrow my 1950's style home movie camera for 1 day.

The documentary would consist of footage filmed by autistic people about things that each individual found interesting and/or relevant. (Not relevant to autism research. Relevant to life).

It would be ok if anyone wanted to use their own digital camera. And people could chose their own soundtracks to go with the films.

No comments: