Wednesday, July 27, 2005

normal summer hours

This summer, Sharon and I have a contractual agreement. The specific language of that agreement is "we are not going to talk about distressing topics such as the Writing Center or Francie during Normal Summer Hours".

Fast forward to today. I went up to the writing center to put a box there where my students could drop off their portfolios. Catherine like went crazy. You can't do that, you can't do that, you can't do that without the permission of the director.

So I dragged my scraggly assed box to the outside of the office for students with disabilities, where I always seem to end up.

Sharon called me at that moment and I told her my minor pathetic story.

Um, said Sharon, not to violate our agreement, but um, you better take your box up there and put it on the Writing Centor Director's desk so your students can drop off their work.

I can't do that without permission....I started.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaagh Sharon said so loudly that I had to hold the phone away from my ear. Who is the Writing Center director?

Sharon is the writing center director.

Who is the Writing Center director?

Sharon is the Writing Center Director.

Say it. Who is the Writing Center Director?

You are.

Now go put your box on my desk.

No comments: