Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Negative Outlook Day

One time Roxanne warned Ayeda that I am marked for my lack of strong negative emotions.

This is a misperception. I do experience the following emotions on a consistent basis: hatred, sadness, lonelieness, crying, desire to inflict harm. Specifically, I experience them every month the day before my period starts.

Lots of girls like to dismiss this need to club people and eat their bones as transient and illusory because it lasts for 24 hours. However, I think PMS serves a specific psychosocial function in calling your attention to problems that are normally smoothed over by a fairly bucolic outlook on life.

Deep down, I probably DO hate crowded video stores, the institutionalized traffic bottleneck known as the Detroit-Windsor borderand my vaccuum. Neal can be a Big Giant Poophead. And I am not prepared to like Current Crush as much as I do, which can lead to pulling him toward me with my right hand and pushing him away with my left, and temporarily replacing him with a gooey doughnut.

Normally I don't think about all these things because it is time to put a coat of primer on the kitchen wall.

Today I cried for a second because my coffee filters keep swimming in the filter holder, and then the coffee does not percolate. Or, more accurately, percolates backward.

Then I bought a shining new coffee pot. Now the filters are swimming peacefully in 2 out of 4 rooms.

No comments: